Be inspired by Melbourne’s creative subculture expressed in its arts, laneways, exquisite food and wine, rooftop bars, fashion and shopping. Get adventurous and soak up the excitement at one of the city’s major events or head out beyond Melbourne to explore one of our spectacular wineries, breathtaking coastlines and Australian native wildlife up-close in their natural habitat.
- A foodie haven: From sophisticated dining to festive street eats, Melbourne offers a diverse culinary experience. Head down laneways for multicultural options, the best coffee and hidden foodie sensations. Visit rooftop bars to enjoy a cocktail above the city skyline. Find out more here
- Encounter Australian wildlife in spectacular locations: The best of Australian native wildlife is on show at three Melbourne zoos and at some of our regional destinations where you can encounter wildlife in their natural habitat including Little Penguins at Phillip Island.
- Explore Australia’s shopping mecca: Venture through laneways, arcades and markets to uncover bespoke boutiques and locally made specialty pieces. Larger department stores and flagship shopping centres offer international labels, giftwares and unique retail experiences. Find out more here
- Immerse yourself in Melbourne’s cultural heartbeat: Head to our arts and cultural precinct teaming with galleries, museums, theatres and exhibitions offering a mix of local, internationally acclaimed, blockbusters and Melbourne exclusives. Check out what's on here
- Feel the buzz at a Melbourne event: Melbourne is renowned as Australia’s events capital. There’s top international events including Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix, Australian Open Tennis and Melbourne Cup Carnival, plus a year-round calendar filled with arts, food and wine, music, comedy and film. Find out what's on here
- Head above the Melbourne skyline: By day or night, Melbourne from above is a sight to behold. Rise early to hot air balloon over the city, take a helicopter ride to spot landmarks or head to a one of our local attractions towering above the city skyline. At sunset, enjoy stunning city views from rooftop bars. For more ideas on things to do, click here
- Winery adventures: Set out on an adventure to the Yarra Valley or Mornington Peninsula, just over an hour from Melbourne’s city centre. Experience the alfresco dining ambience and stunning views as you sample local wines outdoors or at cellar doors. Enjoy dining experiences matching food with local wines.
- Spectacular rugged coastlines: Experience the Great Ocean Road, 243 kilometres (150-miles) of scenic coastline at the southern tip of Australia. See the towering 12 Apostles, get up close to native wildlife, watch iconic surf breaks, visit seaside villages, pristine rainforests and misty waterfalls. For more Victorian road trip itineraries, visit here
- Tee off at one of the best Australian golf courses: With a number of championship golf courses on our doorstep, Melbourne’s Sandbelt Golf Courses are consistently ranked amongst the top golf courses in Australia. Tee off at one of our many acclaimed courses close to the city or in nearby regional destinations. Find out more here