Make the most of your upcoming business event with the newly launched Melbourne e-guide
July 04, 2022
The Melbourne Convention Bureau (MCB) has unveiled its latest inspiration tool – the interactive Melbourne e-guide.
Connecting event planners and delegates with inspiring new and undiscovered experiences of the city, the first edition of the Melbourne e-guide showcases a snapshot into why Melbourne is a coveted destination for domestic and international conferences.
MCB Chief Executive, Julia Swanson explained the Melbourne e-guide is an exciting new development for MCB.
“Melbourne’s e-guide is the ‘must have’ planning tool that will encourage both planners and delegates alike to rethink their next visit to Melbourne. From the inspirational articles and interviews with industry experts and packaged up accessible information, readers can learn about what's new in our thriving city.”
Developed following audience research taking into consideration user experience best practice and event planners and delegates desires for short and inspiring content. Readers will enjoy the guide’s rich in motion design that incorporates animated avatars, embedded videos and gifs that offers multiple engagement points for viewers that engages right to the very last page.”
“The key to an extraordinary event is more than just getting the right venue and accommodation, it’s the connection between the event, the host city, and its exciting offerings,” Ms Swanson added.
Event owners, planners and attendees can plan their trip and activities by using the geographic and category searchable interactive map embedded within the guide. Offering videos, images, product descriptors, hyperlinks and 360-degree experiences, the interactive map assists with familiarising users about how to make the most of their time in Melbourne. This new tool provides the opportunity to create custom conference and event participant tours once the user is in the city including a real time directional feature accessible via mobile phones.
Part of the charm of Melbourne is that its constantly evolving, innovating, and adapting to meet new needs, which is evident in the creation of exciting and creative spaces built to host national and international conferences, meetings, exhibitions, and incentive programs. Melbourne is a knowledge hub across multiple sectors. Event planners will be encouraged to now think outside the box and consider booking a unique venue highlighted in the guide.
Tourism Australia supported the project via its Business Events Advance Program which partners with industry on activity that aims to increase the number and value of international business events for Australia.
Melbourne e-guide top features
- New responsive digital platform, rich in motion design offering multiple engagement points for viewers, including animated avatars, embedded videos, and GIFs.
- Intuitive navigation, short and relevant content layout that can be easily replicated for following editions
- Developed for easy shareability with a focus on inclusive design to allow for more accessibility online
- Viewer behaviour analytics will help direct future content, user interface and user experience optimisation
Interactive map top features
- Event owners, planners and attendees can plan their trip and activities by a geographic and category searchable interactive map
- The interactive map offers videos, images, product descriptors, hyperlinks and 360-degree experiences to familiarise viewers about what can be experienced in Melbourne
- Opportunity to create custom conference and event participant tours once they're in the city including a real time directional feature accessible via mobile phones
- Offers the possibility to create specific site and famil itineraries and more partner listings with individual brand exposure including hyperlinks for direct lead generation
When it comes to excitement, entertainment, accessibility, and memorable experiences, don’t go past Melbourne for your next business event.
Access your copy of the Melbourne e-guide here and start planning your next business event experience in Melbourne.