Melbourne Convention Bureau, here to make life easier
March 31, 2022
In a fast-paced world where event planners are time poor and don't have time to manage multiple suppliers, Melbourne Convention Bureau can step in. The team can help you navigate the best way to transform the way you engage and connect your clients whether it be through a corporate event, conference, team strategy day or incentive trip.
With over 50 years’ experience, Melbourne Convention Bureau (MCB) works with the best suppliers to ensure you have flexibility, certainty, and peace of mind with running your next event.
Read on for five benefits of engaging with MCB to help plan and execute your business event.
- Services are complementary: MCB provides a free one-stop service to creating memorable events in Melbourne. The MCB team has a wealth of experience in executing memorable events using state-of-the-art facilities and innovative suppliers to ensure every event yields successful business outcomes. In addition, MCB can assist with financial support by applying for funding from the State Government to help off-set event expenses. Each submission is assessed individually and there are set criteria that have to be met. Tourism Australia’s Business Events Australia Bid Fund Program also offers financial support at the bidding stage to offset event costs in Australia.
- Create a unique and unforgettable event: From laneway activations to gala events in unconventional locations like Old Melbourne Gaol or State Library of Victoria, event planners will be spoilt for choice in bringing their event to life. MCB’s dedicated Convention Servicing department uses its expertise in working with different suppliers and what they can offer, to work with event planners to provide bespoke end-to-end event delivery support. In addition to the highest concentration of conference facilities in Australia, including the Melbourne Convention and Exhibitions Centre (MCEC) - the largest space in the country, Melbourne’s vibrant arts and live music scene and a delectable culinary dining experience doesn’t go astray to indulge a variety of clients!
- Provide advice and referrals to suppliers: Partnering with 150+ suppliers, MCB connects you to leading venues, accommodation, catering, entertainment, transport, tourism experiences and itinerary development options to best meet your event brief and budget. MCB is on hand to help ease the load of planning an incentive itinerary by creating personalised bespoke programs to accommodate every incentive group of any size.
- Access to free marketing materials: MCB can help organise print and digital destination information for delegate boosting – including visitor guides, maps, images, videos, itineraries, website content.
- Access to contacts across government, industry sectors and more: With the support of the Victorian State government, local industry and academia, as well as a wealth of experience in the conferencing space, MCB has excellent networks. Introductions can be made to the Victorian State Government Departments, Ministers and Victorian Government Trade and Investment Offices in twelve international locations. Conference organises can also connect with a highly qualified Local Organising Committee with extensive conference organising experience.