DISCUSS AND SHARE IDEAS AT THIS YEAR’S MELBOURNE KNOWLEDGE WEEK
May 09, 2022
Melburnians and visitors alike will have the chance to discover how humanoid robots work, what augmented reality really feels like, and see first-hand the innovations and inventions that are shaping our future as part of Melbourne Knowledge Week 2022.
The annual festival will bring together thinkers, innovators and explorers to share their ideas for the future and experiment with the latest technology from 9 to 15 May. The City of Melbourne will play host to more than 100 interactive events, workshops and performances, with Knowledge Hubs set up at the State Library Victoria, QV Melbourne, Wesley Place, Docklands and Carlton.
For the first time, narrm ngarrgu | Melbourne Knowledge Week will carry a dual name in Woi Wurrung and English, following consultation with Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung Traditional Owners. The four themes of the event will also be dual named in Woi Wurrung and English: marra ba gurrkwugel (Community + Culture), biik (Earth), tartbanerra (Economy) and parren (Technology).
• MKW22 Opening Night – Join the festival’s opening night with a smoking ceremony, Djirri Djirri dancers and a keynote performance of song and storytelling by Jessie Lloyd.
• Melbourne’s Future as a Digital City – Join a thought-provoking discussion exploring how new digital technologies like IoT, cloud and blockchain will reshape our city’s future.
• Our Knowledge City – Hear from the leaders of Melbourne’s key tertiary institutions about the importance of knowledge for the city’s future.
• Spark: Decarbonisation – Learn from science and technology storytellers Future Crunch as they explore the race to replace high-carbon economies and keep our future cool.
• Stories around the Levantine Table – Explore the intrinsic connection between knowledge, food and language through an immersive experience.
• Prototype Street – Play rock, paper, scissors with a humanoid robot, marvel at next generation sensor and energy technology and check out the latest inventions to improve city greening and enhance accessibility.
Make the most of the incredible line up spanning seven days and get your team together to enjoy the broad program of events, workshops, and performances. Celebrating Melbourne’s rich heritage and potential for innovation, your team will think outside the box and collaborate with open minds to share, learn, and ideate together.
For the full program and to purchase tickets, visit the narrm ngarrgu | Melbourne Knowledge Week website.