10 takeaways from IMEX America
October 27, 2018
If you didn't make it to IMEX America, here are 10 key takeaways from the event.
This year’s edition of IMEX America was the largest show yet, with more than 3,500 exhibitors from 150 countries filling three halls of Las Vegas’ Sands Expo and Convention Center. A record 13,000 participants took part in the event, including more than 3,300 hosted buyers. More than 70,000 appointments took place, 70 per cent of which had RFPs attached.
After three days of meetings, networking, and a series of big announcements, here’s what we learnt…
- Greater industry collaboration is the future
- Politics plays out on the show floor
- Greater Bay Area ripens for MICE
- Incentives on the rise in Asia
- Wellness is the new golf
- MPI launches masters’ degree in meeting and event management
- Meetings mean BIG business
- High-speed wifi is now a basic necessity
- Workplace diversity boosts productivity
- IAPCO sharpens focus on Africa