Karen Bolinger, Chief Executive Officer of the Melbourne Convention Bureau, is among a driving force of senior business leaders who are launching the Not In My Workplace (NIMW) initiative.
Promoting a strong call-to-action following the #MeToo movement, the group are turning awareness into action with the inaugural #NotInMyWorkplace Summit to be held on Thursday 21 February 2019 at Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC).
The Summit will draw together a movement of like-minded leaders and equip them with tools to ensure safer workplaces for everyone and drive real outcomes. It will feature a stellar program of keynote addresses, panel discussions and professional development workshops. Speakers at the Summit will include:
· Kate Jenkins – Sex Discrimination Commissioner, Australian Human Rights Commission
· Emeritus Professor Gillian Triggs AO – former President of the Australian Human Rights Commission
· Lord Mayor Sally Capp – City of Melbourne Lord Mayor
· Luke Cornelius – Victoria Police Assistant Commissioner
· The Hon Gabrielle Williams MP – Minister for Women, Victorian Parliament
· Dr Jenny Gray – Chair, Not In My Workplace and CEO, Zoos Victoria
Sexual harassment cases continue to increase in Australia, with the Federal Government’s 2018 Sexual Harassment Survey highlighting that a third of Australian workers have been sexually harassed at work over the last five years, compared with one in five from the same survey in 2012, and one in ten in 2003.
Karen Bolinger said that 'it’s time for our business our leaders to take control of the conversation and incite real and lasting change.'
Date: 21 February 2019
Time: 12pm - 6:30pm
Venue: Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC)