Introducing CENTREPIECE at Melbourne Park
Opening September 2021, Melbourne will welcome a new conference and events centre. Inviting the outdoors in with natural light cascading throughout the venue’s three levels, CENTREPIECE at Melbourne Park features:
- 2,000 sqm pillarless Grand Hall with 8.5m high ceilings and operable walls for multiple configurations.
- 800 sqm pre-function space.
- 15 breakout rooms, including a 250-seat auditorium.
Offering sweeping views of the Melbourne city skyline, CENTREPIECE at Melbourne Park’s unique architectural design encourages flexibility, allowing the venue to transform for any event and embodies the allure of Australia’s natural landscape and surrounding open green spaces of flora and fauna. Find touches of Australiana throughout the venue and tributes to Melbourne Park’s rich sporting history, surrounded by Australian Gum Trees and open green spaces.
CENTREPIECE at Melbourne Park takes a holistic approach to sustainability in both the design of the venue and service offering:
- Outdoor Kitchen Garden to sustainably grow and supply the CENTREPIECE menu with global, year-round produce.
- An organic waste program that turns waste into compost to fertilise the gardens throughout the Melbourne & Olympic Park precinct
- Water harvesting system that utilises recycled water to water the gardens throughout the Melbourne & Olympic Park precinct
- Built to achieve LEED gold certification.
- A culinary strategy that supports local farmers, focuses on reducing our food miles and commits to a seasonal menu to reduce our carbon footprint.
A truly Unique Melbourne experience
CENTREPIECE at Melbourne Park is located only minutes away from the dynamic city centre, connected by tram, train, river, car, bus and pedestrian pathways. Stroll less than 10 mins by foot to Flinders Street Station or enjoy the dedicated onsite vehicle parking, complete with bus and ride-share access. Melbourne’s enviable range of hotel to suit every guest, are strolling distance from the doorstep with over 1,000 rooms within a 1km radius making for a truly unique Melbourne experience.
The venue is equipped with a state-of-the-art production kitchen that creates more than just food. A culinary journey is created for each event held at CENTREPIECE at Melbourne Park using the venues’ paddock to plate philosophy. Focusing on seasonal menus that use Victorian first produce to showcase the best local farmers and producers have to offer, the culinary team will work with hirers to design a menu to match any taste.
CENTREPIECE at Melbourne Park is pioneering a new era of sustainably conscious, and culinary realised events ready to host in September 2021.
Click here for more information on CENTREPIECE at Melbourne Park.