Melbourne Convention Bureau (MCB) recently hosted a famil for a select international group, where they experienced highlights around Melbourne and regional Victoria.
This famil showcases inspiring experiences that business event planners can use for an upcoming incentive group visit to Melbourne.
A personalised itinerary featured three distinct Melbourne focused themes; sport, urban culture and wineries.
- Street art masterclass with Localing Private Experiences. A local Melbourne street artist spent time with the group to instruct them on how to create their own street art to make their personal mark on a Melbourne laneway.
- Introduction to Australia Football League (AFL) with Melbourne Football Club at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). The group had the opportunity to learn AFL skills including hand balling and kicking with football stars from the Melbourne Football Club at MCG. They were also taken on a tour behind the scenes of the MCG, including the player change rooms and onto the hallowed MCG turf.
- Melbourne & Olympic Parks put on a gin masterclass in partnership with Four Pillars Gin Distillery. The group learned the essential skills to making a fantastic gin cocktail and sampled their hard work while overlooking the grounds at Melbourne & Olympic Parks.
- The group headed out of Melbourne city to explore the open spaces and beauty of regional Victoria. Firstly they visited Healesville Sanctuary to explore the Koala Forest, Kangaroo Country and view the Spirits of the Sky Bird Show. Then it was off to Rochford Winery to enjoy a leisurely lunch and take part in a wine blending competition. The return to Melbourne was in true VIP style via on Microflite helicopters.
- To complete the busy days, delicious dining experiences were put on by Grand Hyatt Melbourne (pictured below) and Park Hyatt Melbourne.
Having learned that MCB partner with Melbourne City Mission, the famil group wanted to thank MCB and give back to the local community. They have generously donated AU$700 in support of Melbourne City Mission. This donation will provide two weeks of safe sleeping to a young person, so they can build a long term plan with a caseworker to get back on their feet.
This is a great example of how international organisations reward their staff with a visit to Melbourne, Australia and in the process they have fun taking part in new experiences, and also support the local community they visit by giving back.
Thank you to all MCB partners who took part in hosting guests for this famil, including; Crown Melbourne, Execudrive, Grand Hyatt Melbourne, Healesville Sanctuary, Localing Private Experiences, Melbourne & Olympic Parks, Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne Football Club, Microflite, Murrays Coaches, Rochford Winery and Showtime Event Group.
To enquire about any of these experiences for an incentive group, contact MCB today.