The RACV Victorian Tourism Awards recognise the outstanding contribution by operators across the state.
This year, six of Victoria’s leading tourism and events operators were inducted into the prestigious Hall of Fame. Riverboats Music Festival 2019, Parks Victoria, SkyBus, Bright Brewery, BIG4 Inverloch Holiday Park and Alkina Lodge were inducted after winning gold in the same category for three consecutive years.
Peter Bingeman, CEO of Visit Victoria said, “Once again, we have seen fine examples of tourism operators putting the visitor at the centre of everything they do, which strengthens Victoria’s position as a leading global destination."
Other winners included:
- State Library Victoria for Outstanding Contribution by Volunteers
- City of Greater Bendigo won the Local Government Award for Tourism
- Tourism Greater Geelong and The Bellarine won Tourism Education and Training and Visitor Information Services categories
- Bunjilaka Aboriginal Cultural Centre at Melbourne Museum won Aboriginal & Torres Strait Island Tourism
- Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park won the award for Ecotourism
- Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria won Major Tourist Attractions
- Anne Jamieson from Saxton Speakers Bureau was awarded Outstanding Contribution by an Individual