The Melbourne Convention Bureau (MCB) has unveiled its latest tool - the Melbourne Virtual Site Visit, to help international associations and professional conference organisers (PCOs) plan their upcoming conference in Melbourne, Australia.
Launched at IMEX Frankfurt 2019, the Melbourne Virtual Site Visit combines technologically advanced virtual reality (VR) and comprehensive immersive experiences showcasing various aspects of Melbourne and Victoria as a leading global business events destination.
Created in partnership with Business Events Australia through its Advance Program, the Virtual Site Visit, mirrors the standard site visit offering for international association clients and PCOs who conduct inspections as part of their planning process. It also delivers inspiring and practical information for potential delegates as to what they can do, see and experience in Melbourne during their conference stay.
MCB General Manager Business Development and Bids, Beverley Williamson said the immersive VR captures what it feels like to be in Melbourne and to experience all aspects of this leading global business destination.
“With the time and resources required to conduct site visits, along with the increasing costs of international travel and the time spent away from the office for organizing committees, MCB aims to eliminate these major pain points by offering a Virtual Site Visit as a viable and realistic option to view many of Melbourne’s points of interest anytime and anywhere.
“The opportunity to experience Melbourne anywhere and anytime on any device is pretty amazing,” said Ms Williamson.
Tourism Australia’s Executive General Manager Events, Penny Lion said the initiative would deliver both information and inspiration on Melbourne’s offering to planners and decision makers in an innovative and practical way.
“The Melbourne Virtual Site Visit is a great new development that will provide real value to Melbourne’s potential clients. Our Advance Program provides access to Tourism Australia’s marketing expertise, and this is a great example of the work being delivered by the Program.”
The Melbourne Virtual Site Visit boasts visually appealing and persuasive features, and showcases various Melbourne landmarks, select hotels and event venues, Melbourne’s Convention Precinct, Knowledge Precinct, as well as popular regional touring locations in 360 VR.
Melbourne Virtual Site Visit Top Features
• Superior ‘choose your own adventure’ navigation, empowering the viewer to explore the scene without interference or guidance.
• 10 journeys and within each journey, a number of highlighted experiences, including MCB partners showcasing Melbourne as a first-choice business events destination.
• A fully immersive experience from arrival at Melbourne Airport to pre/post touring opportunities in city and beyond, to hotels, venues, convention centre and Melbourne as a knowledge hub.
• Fast facts and image gallery features also add to the experience, providing more detail to assist decision makers.
• The opportunity to meet members of Melbourne’s business events industry as they introduce their venue.
For a sneak peak of Melbourne in 360 click here
- ENDS -
Media enquiries and interviews:
Giselle Lloyd, Melbourne Convention Bureau
T +61 3 9002 2325 / +61 429 553 183
Rebecca Berringer, Tourism Australia,
T +61 2 9361 1708 / +61 407 285 775