Who can resist a vibrant and contemporary city boasting beautiful wide parkland streets, welcoming hospitality and gorgeous architecture created from one of the world's greatest gold rushes? A contemporary regional city with a population of 110,000, Bendigo offers welcoming and friendly hospitality with the comforts of home.
Travel times and distance by car:
- From Melbourne's CBD 147km 90 min
- From Daylesford 77km 60mins
- From Castlemaine 38 km 30mins
- From Echuca 92km 70 mins
- From Ballarat 122km 90 mins
- From Melbourne (Tullamarine) Airport 140km 80 mins
- By train From Melbourne Southern Cross Station 105 mins
- From Castlemaine 25 mins
- From Kyneton 45 mins
- By Shuttle Bus From Melbourne (Tullamarine) Airport 140km 110 mins
- By plane From Melbourne's Essendon Airport private charter 20 mins
Bendigo is conveniently located in the centre of Victoria with an easy 90 minute drive from Melbourne's CBD (80 mins drive from the Tullamarine Airport or just under two hours on the shuttle bus service), hourly VLine rail services from Melbourne's Southern Cross Stations and private charter air links. Venues of distinction Bendigo provides an attractive and diverse range of event venues - small boutique meeting rooms in galleries and hideaways, modern hotel facilities, glamorous theatres and jaw-dropping civic buildings as well as flexible contemporary spaces catering for up to 1000 delegates. With the 5000 and 8000 metre clear-span spaces at the Exhibition Centre, it's easy to accommodate a variety of exhibitions. The new $26 million Ulumbarra Theatre scheduled to open for early 2015 is an exciting new addition offering a state-of-the-art 1000 seat theatre incorporating the historic Bendigo Gaol.
When it's time to put business aside, Bendigo's vibrant arts and cultural landscape is the perfect setting for inspirational pre and post-touring, incentives and/or partner programs.
-Gear up in overalls, boots, miner's hat and lamp as you search for gold in a working goldmine 85 metres underground.
-Create a ceramic masterpiece at Australia's historic Bendigo Pottery with a clay wheel-throwing lesson and take home your design.
-Tour the award winning Bendigo and Heathcote wineries and taste the-day-away in gorgeous surrounds accompanied by delicious local produce.
-Relax in spa heaven or shop 'til you drop with our unique tours, antiques, book shops and designer boutiques.
-Our boutique bistros, an abundance of international cuisines, gourmet local produce, vine-dining and our own tramcar restaurant await.
Bendigo spoils visitors with a wide range of accommodation options throughout the city and surrounds including motels, hotels, serviced apartments, self contained, boutique and B&B's offering more than 4000 beds. New for mid-late 2014 will be the funky Art Series Bendigo property offering 125 apartments. The free accommodation booking service at the Bendigo Visitor Centre ensures you will find the most suitable accommodation with each delegate's accommodation requirements personally managed - they really save you time and are a one-stop shop for group bookings.
Whatever type of event, the City of Greater Bendigo's advice (local knowledge) and support services will enhance planning and if it can persuade you to come to Bendigo there's the possibility of sponsorship.
- Assist with site inspections and familiarisation visits prior to arrival and selecting venues and facilities.
- Promote your event on the City of Greater Bendigo and Bendigo Tourism websites and social media opportunities.
- Assist with creating your pre and post touring, social, incentive, team-building and partners programs.
- Provide promotional material, maps and welcome kits to delegates utilizing the Bendigo Visitor Centre accommodation booking service.
- Recommend local audio visual, catering, entertainment, speakers, gifts, transportation and other conference services.
- Assist with local media support.
Many motels, Bed and Breakfasts, self-contained apartments and hotels are centrally located for great convenience. For those wishing to escape to a rural setting there are farm stays, rural retreats and Bed and Breakfasts outside of the city.