C2, the world's most innovative business conference, in collaboration with MCI, will hold the first ever C2 conference in Melbourne on November 30th and December 1st, 2017.
C2 International will bring its unique approach to exploring commerce and creativity to the city of Melbourne in a two-day immersive event that will transform the way that participants do business.
Ecosystems will be the theme for C2 Melbourne, and programming will explore fields like technology, arts and design, marketing, impact and leadership. Creative visionary Daniel Lamarre, President and CEO of Cirque du Soleil is the first speaker to kick off the lineup for C2 Melbourne.
"A conference like no other" - Harvard Business Review
C2 events provide the perfect backdrop to explore trends, opportunities, disruptions and major shifts on the horizon. In collaborative environments specifically designed to provoke collisions and spark new ideas, the C2 Montreal conference alone inspires over 6,000 executives every year, with participants coming from over 50 countries and 24 industries.
- Founding partners: C2 and Cirque du Soleil
- Two-day creative commerce event
- Program includes global speakers, collaborative workshops, masterclasses, labs, meetings, round-tables, international trade deals
- Delegates comprise C suite executives and creative trailblazers from 50+ countries 50% international, 50% local attendance (predominantly from Asia Pacific region)
- C2 is a global convener on a mission to transform executives and organizations that are ripe for change - whether they know it or not.
- In a collaborative context specifically designed to provoke collisions and spark new ideas, C2 gets leaders to challenge their biases, shift their perspectives and explore completely new ways of doing business.
- C2's reinvention of the international conference experience started with the annual C2 Montréal event, which has been described as "challenging conventions" by The Economist and "a business conference unlike any other" by the Harvard Business Review.
- After Zurich, Milan, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Rome, San Francisco and Melbourne, C2 is now expanding its reach across all continents.
Similarities between Montreal and Melbourne include:
Innovation and Arts in Melbourne
- Strong sense of community and connectedness
- Very multicultural
- Strong focus on gastronomy
- Events and festivals celebrated despite the season
- Both have cobblestone laneways that lead to some of the best experiences on offer
- Striking architecture where old meets new
- Vibrant night life
- Dubbed as creative capitals.
- Both cities pulse is based on its innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Melbourne hosts numerous events to encourage starts up and creative entrepreneurs.
- Our city provides small business grants to nurture creative ideas.
- Importance of arts recognised in disaster recovery - small arts projects are funded to help rebuild communities.
- 80% of Victorians attended an arts event or participated in the arts at least once a year.
- Creative Industries are among our fastest growing industries - growing at almost double the rate of the broader economy - and they employ over 220,000 people.
View media release
Visit c2melbourne.com for news and updates about the 2017 edition of C2 Melbourne