April 2016: MCB Partner eNews
MELBOURNE ON SHOW AT AIME 2016
Held 23 - 24 February, at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, this year's Asia-Pacific Incentives and Meetings Expo (AIME) was deemed a success and saw our city showcased to over 4,500 industry professionals throughout the program.
Here are the highlights for AIME 2016:
- 4,588 industry professionals gathered to learn, network and do business (includes Hosted Buyers, Media, Exhibitors, Visitors) and 62% of the visitors were new to AIME in 2016
- 523 Exhibitors participated including all Australian convention bureaus and there were 31 countries represented including Thailand, Singapore, US, Korea and Turkey.
- 350 Hosted Buyers attended, with 20% coming from international destinations, represented from 27 countries. Importantly 47% of Hosted Buyers were new to AIME in 2016, a 7% increase on 2015, creating good business prospects for new and returning exhibitors.
- Over 8,000 appointments were held between Hosted Buyers and Exhibitors as part of the appointment-matching program. 71% of appointments were mutually matched and nearly three quarters of Hosted Buyers went above their minimum number of appointments.
- The new Melbourne Stand showcased the very best Melbourne and regional Victoria has to offer alongside 28 of MCB and Business Events Victoria partners who co-exhibited on the newly designed stand.
To welcome our Hosted Buyers and Media to Melbourne, MCB hosted a series of events to showcase the very best of Melbourne and our State.
- The pre-touring programs took 88 of our hosted buyers through regional Victoria where they saw penguins, wineries, apostles and much more. There were also chocolate, coffee, hidden secrets and street art tours in the city.
- On the Melbourne showcase tours 235 hosted buyers were shown the wide variety of venues that our city has to offer for business events of all sizes.
We also hosted two highly successful networking events:
- The cocktail reception for media and hosted buyers on the Sunday night held at The Vista at Melbourne & Olympics Parks, with the exceptional support from our partner Melbourne & Olympic Parks Events.
- AIME Welcome Event which returned to the Monday night and saw 1,400 hosted buyers, media, exhibitors and VIP guest celebrate the launch of AIME and experience ‘One year in one night in Melbourne', under the creative direction of our partner EMG. Guests also experienced some of the best food in the country on the night through our partner the Atlantic Group.
We would like to say thank you to all our partners who so generously contributed and supported the AIME 2016 program. We couldn't have done it without you and we look forward to continued support with AIME 2017, where we will celebrate a milestone - 25 years! More to come on how you can participate very soon.
For photos from our AIME 2016 networking events click here.
MAJOR BUSINESS EVENTS WINS
CORPORATE MEETINGS & INCENTIVES MARKET
MCB is on track to have the strongest year on record for Incentives in 2015/16, with a 42% increase on business secured, when compared to last financial year.
The most recent wins were:
- China Life Insurance 2016
- Taiwan Life Insurance 2016
- Perfect China 2017
- AIA Hong Kong Insurance 2018
These four incentive travel programs will inject an estimated $50.3m into the Victorian economy and attract in excess of 9,500 delegates over the next two years.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND THE VISITOR EXPERIENCE
One-day course, Melbourne
Program supported by Tourism Accommodation Australia (Vic) and Melbourne Convention Bureau
If you want to better understand your visitors and improve the visitor experience as well as your digital marketing this course is for you. If you sense there's a gap in your understanding of how social media and Internet marketing applies to tourism, it's for you. If you have a suspicion that your business is underexposed in the digital arena, it's definitely for you.
This one-day masterclass for tourism, accommodation and destination operators will introduce complementary social media and customer journey frameworks to generate new business, create innovative ideas and turn past visitors into brand advocates.
Tuesday 5 July 2016, 9am - 4:30pm
MCB Partners receive a special discounted rate. Use the code MCBSocial when booking.
More information and to book
2014 WORLD CANCER CONGRESS WINS AWARD
The 2014 World Cancer Congress which was held in Melbourne has won ‘Best Conference Development' at the International & European Associations Awards held in Berlin, Germany, in April.
Congratulations to Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) on winning the award and everyone in our city who contributed to the success of this conference including MCEC, ASN Events, Harry the Hirer, ICON Entertainment, Crown Coaches, Crown Metropol, Crown Promenade, Quality Hotel Batman's Hill on Collins, Clarion Suites, Crowne Plaza, Hilton South Wharf, Melbourne Shortstay Apartments, Rendezvous Melbourne and Vibe Savoy.
PARTNERS IN FOCUS
There is no better time to familiarise yourself with the black sheep of the family, Atlantic Group.
Atlantic Group's illustrious reputation for innovation, creativity and excellence is unrivalled across the Melbourne landscape. A true hospitality hybrid manifests throughout an ever evolving portfolio of offerings including unique event spaces, catering services, bars, eateries, restaurants and clubs.
Atlantic Group has earned an unrivalled status as the destination for Melbourne's hottest parties and events with four premier and sophisticated event spaces - Peninsula, MAIÀ, Sumac and Sketch - at Central Pier, Docklands. Atlantic Group's venues offer an absolute waterfront location with event spaces that are versatile for all groups and cater for 50 to 2,500 guests.
You'll also find Atlantic Group at some of Australia's biggest events such as the Melbourne Cup Carnival and the Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix. Our catering is also available in unique venue of your choice or select from the various creative spaces we have in our little black book.
Another flagship in the Atlantic Group portfolio is The Atlantic at Crown Entertainment Complex under the culinary direction of internationally renowned Executive Chef Donovan Cooke who showcases an ‘Ocean to Plate' food philosophy across the 300 seat restaurant, the myriad of private dining rooms and the Oyster Bar & Grill. Downstairs is The Den, a sublime basement cocktail bar - perfect for that late night rendezvous, gathering or intimate private event. We have recently opened a family friendly Fish & Chippery as part of The Atlantic at Crown and this year will open The Atlantic Dubai, taking our Melbourne born brand and launching it on a world stage.
If we can help you with any of your hospitality or event needs, please contact us on 03 8623 9600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEET TEAM MELBOURNE
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND BID TEAM CHANGES
MCB's General Manager of Bids and Business Development, Julia Swanson, headed off on maternity leave in late March to have gorgeous baby Max who was born in April.
With Julia's departure we have made the following changes to the Business Development and Bids team:
- Bev Williamson (formerly Director, Business Development) is now the Acting General Manager, Bids and Business Development.
- David McCarthy (formerly Associate Director, Bids) has moved into the Director, Business Development role.
- Jason Balkin (formerly Senior Business Development Manager) has also moved teams into the Bids team to become Senior Bid Manager.
- Marko Sanovic from the Bids team has been promoted to Senior Bid Manager.
Please join us in congratulating our team members on their new appointments and of course to Julia and her family with the arrival of Max.